Other Downloads

Other downloads:

Income tax for individuals
Income tax for small businesses
Turnover tax for small businesses
Tax rates 2010
PAYE changes 2010
UIF Guide
STC Guide
VAT Guide
VAT Registration Guide
Interest rate table (charged by SARS)
Interest rate table (payable by SARS)

Posting 4

SARS Launches New Employer Monthly Declaration form (EMP201) Form

Employers submitting their monthly declarations (EMP201s) to the South African Revenue Service will be required to do so using a new EMP201 form for the March declaration, due on 7 April.

Read more

Posting 3

SARS has recently clamped down on VAT fraud. As a result, the requirements for VAT registration have become so onerous and impractical that it is causing a lot of trouble for small businesses.

Read more

Posting 2

The Commissioner for the South African Revenue Service (SARS) announced the publication of the prescribed list of qualifying expenses relating to physical impairment or disability and the diagnostic criteria for of disability.

Read more

New Post 1

From 1 April 2010, the South African Revenue Service will no longer accept cheque payments made using the abbreviation ‘SARS’. All cheques must from 1 April 2010 be made out to “South African Revenue Service”.

Read more

The Income Tax System

The income tax system allows taxpayers who receive a travel allowance to claim a deduction for the use of their private vehicle for business purposes. In order to claim a deduction, the first step is to record your vehicle’s odometer reading on 1 March each year (the first day of the tax year for individuals) and again on the last day of February the next year (the last day of the tax year for individuals). These opening and closing readings give you your total kilometres travelled for the year. And recording your mileage will help you make an accurate claim when submitting your tax return. To download the SARS logbook, click here.


From 01 March 2010, 80% (previously 60%) of a travel allowance will be subject to PAYE. It now becomes compulsory for any person that receives a travel allowance to keep a logbook.

Hello world!

Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!